* NEW ADDITIONS FOR YOUR COVID SAFETY WHILE AT YOUR OFFICE VISIT AT WORCESTER INTERNAL MEDICINE, INC *
This summer we updated our heat and air conditioning systems with the latest Hepa Filters to filter out bacterial and viral particles, including the Covid Virus. In addition, we installed ultraviolet light equipment in the HVAC system to kill Covid Virus. Ultraviolet light is very efficient at killing Covid Virus and other threatening pathogens.
These new measures with our other Covid protocols will continue to present our patients and employees with a high level of safety in our efforts to keep you healthy for all your conditions during this crisis.
GUIDELINES FOR REOPENING DURING COVID-19
Effective Monday June 15, our office will be open to see patients on a limited basis. We take your personal health and safety very seriously. Therefore, we have instituted the following MANDATORY procedures to ensure that we are doing everything possible to maintain a “Corona Free Zone”.
Prior to making an appointment the following directives will apply:
If you answer yes to any question, please wait 14 days before coming in for an appointment:
- Have you been sick or not feeling well?
- Fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, sore throat, and cough, shortness of breath or loss of taste or smell.
- Have you or anyone in your household recently traveled (Airport, cruise or left the state)?
- Have you had contact with anyone that has been tested positive for COVID 19?
The following procedures have been implemented for your safety:
- If you are immune compromised and need special arrangements for your appointment, please contact the front desk.
- Only patients with SCHEDULED appointments will be allowed in the office. Once you have come to the office we ask you to come to office door and use intercom to let us know you are here, at that time will either have you wait in your car and we will call/text you when the doctor is ready or if no other patients are waiting we will have you enter the office. Non-patients will be asked to wait outside.
- Patients will only be allowed into the office at their appointment time.
- Everyone entering the office must wear a mask. (See guidelines below)
- Fit snugly against the face, covering your nose and mouth
- Upon entering the office, you must immediately use the hand sanitizer we have at the front desk.
- The front desk staff will check you in, take your temperature and instruct you where to go. If you have a fever, we will have to send you home.
- The office hours will be the same, but the staff in the office will be limited. Your Provider’s schedule may be different and all providers will be wearing protective masks.
- Of course, all tables and equipment will be sanitized after every patient.
- Plexi-glass barriers have been installed around our front desk.
- Each chair is 6 feet apart to continue social distancing. Please do not walk around the office and linger after your appointment is completed.
APPOINTMENTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE VIRTUALLY VIA TELEMEDICINE
If you have an upcoming appointment that you wish to switch to telemedicine or are a new patient wishing to schedule a telemedicine appointment please call the office at (508) 756-6609
New test now available for our patients!
The new noninvasive colorectal screening test that will have patients saying … “I’ll take it!”
To learn more about Cologuard click on photo.
NOW PROVIDING FLU & PNEUMONIA VACCINES
Welcome to Worcester Internal Medicine
With the rising cost of affordable health care, the complexity of insurance and the challenge of finding a doctor that truly takes the time to understand you and your families’ overall heath as a first priority we have found a solution right here in Worcester, MA.
The Doctors at Worcester Internal Medicine are Board Certified professional caregivers that specialize in the overall comprehensive health care for individuals and families. Our experienced practice of Doctors, Physician Assistances and staff will not only provide you with excellent health related services they will also provide you with individualized education, individualized and family care guidance and assist you and your family with all those cumbersome insurance guidelines.
As a team of skilled professionals, we maintain our focus on you, the patient, and we pride our practice on the personal relationships we build each day with our patients. Our primary commitment is to serve you and your family’s health care needs while helping you to maintain and keep excellent health for many years to come. We offer a full range of medical services including a variety of lab services, x-rays, and most general medical test right here on-site in our in-house facility.
If you looking for a new doctor that can care for your health needs then don’t make your health wait another minute, call today (508) 756-6609.
Get on the road to a healthier life with Worcester Internal Medicine.
We accept most insurance including Tufts, BCBS, United Health Care, Cigna, Aetna and Medicare. Call to verify if your health insurance is not listed. And if you can’t call today then browse our website for more information and to schedule a request for an appointment at a later time.
We always welcome new patients and our staff is here to welcome you and your family as a part of our family here at Worcester Internal Medicine.